New Member Nomination
2018 - 2019 Program Year (Due May 18, 2018)
Below is the new member nomination form. If you wish to nominate an attorney for membership in the Inn, please complete this form by Friday, May 18, 2018. A few process notes:
- Current members (except Pupils) do not require re-nomination and are automatically renewed for the new program year if they have met the attendance requirements for the 2017-2018 year.
- If you anticipate that your schedule next year will prevent you from meeting the attendance requirement (four program meetings per year), the member selection process is a timely opportunity to voluntarily remove yourself from the Inn. This will open a spot for a new member to experience the Inn. The Executive Committee will take this into positive consideration in the event you are nominated for renewed Inn membership in the future.
- Each current member in good standing may nominate one prospective new member. New Pupil members (currently enrolled law students) will be nominated through a separate process and should not be nominated using the above-referenced form.
- Inns of Court focus on the development of mentoring, civility, and ethics in a collegial setting. In order to achieve these objectives, membership is limited. The Atlanta IP Inn of Court is open to selected attorneys, judges, law clerks, legal academics and law students in the Atlanta region who are proven or potential leaders in the Intellectual Property Bar. Nominations are subject to review and evaluation by the Executive Committee. Additional criteria such as ideal Inn size and practice diversity will also be taken into consideration. Invitations to selected nominees will be extended during the summer.
- You should discuss membership with the candidate you plan to nominate, including providing him or her with the link to the nomination form to assist you in completing the requested information. The ‘Additional Comments’ section of the nomination form can be used to identify the candidate’s area of IP interest (e.g., litigation, transactional, prosecutions, patent, copyright, trademark, etc.) or provide other information that you or the candidate believe may be relevant to the Executive Committee’s consideration.
- The Inn builds collegiality and professionalism through the regular attendance and participation of our members. The candidate you nominate should be committed to participating fully in the Inn’s schedule of meetings and assigned Pupilage Group. Typically, program meetings and the EOY Dinner occur the second Wednesday of the following months: September, October, November, February, March, April and May (with the Inn holiday party in December). Additionally, please inform the candidate of the following annual membership dues:
- $370 Master of the Bench
- $295 Barrister
- $195 Associate
- $120 Government Attorney, Judicial Clerk or Legal Academic
While we invite nominations, we note that the Inn is currently at capacity for membership, and there are likely to be very few openings for new members for next year.